Christian Travelers Guide

I Confess

So. My first blog. Here goes.

I've discovered a love of thrifting. Its not that I haven't ever stepped foot into a local op shop or hit the odd swap meet before, but clearly my heart was never in it. I'll even go as far as to admit I may have been one of those who sarcastically snickered when others told me about their bargains, wondering why anyone would want to buy something from the "salvos".

How could I have predicted that a few years later the idea of stepping into a department store for a day out shopping would now horrify me? That my days off would be spent trawling Perth's second hand delights?!!!

Thrifting isn't for everyone, I admit, but its got me. And it seems to have gotten a fair few others too; if you don't believe me, then head to your local Good Sammy's on a half price sale day and you'll soon realise the power of the op shop bargain.

So as my bargain hunting has continued, I've often wondered who I can share it all with. How can I find others out there that will appreciate the story of my retro Turbaire desk fan or share the joy in finding the last piece of my latest Roslyn tea cup trio? Never mind bragging about the brand new pair of Kustom sneakers my hubby now enjoys or the six piece outdoor setting we found on the roadside, that now adorns our patio...

And would it be worthwhile imparting some of my experiences and knowledge to others out there - whether they be new bargain hunters looking for tips or old school detectives searching for a new place to try.

So, long story short - it all lead me here. To a blog. To my own blog. To my own blog about the seduction of second hand/op shopping/thrifting/garage sales/swap meeting/road side collection/retro/vintage/antiquing stuff... .in Perth. Oh, and I occasionally take the odd photo of my adventures too!

I hope you enjoy!

Kel :)

My bargain Johnson of Australia Daisy side plate - $1!