Christian Travelers Guide

Review: Disney Baby Bathtime

As a general rule of thumb, I do prefer companies to stick to doing what they do best. So, for example, I’m not too keen on buying insurance from a supermarket or wedding dresses from a train provider. Find what you are good at and do it really well is my mantra.
So when Disney asked if I wanted to review some of their latest baby lotion, baby shampoo and baby bath I hesitated. I mean Disney are really, really good at making movies but I wasn’t sure whether their talents would extend to baby cosmetics.

But Disney are cannier than that. They have teamed up with the reknown skincare experts, Corine de Farme , who are well known for their cosmetics knowledge. And, I have to say that they have produced an excellent baby skin care range.

We were given the baby bath, baby lotion, baby hair and body wash and some baby shampoo to try out. Sam has sensitive skin, I seldom use baby wipes as it brings him out in a bit of a rash. As a result I have only used olive oil in his bath and some rather marvellous almond oil (sent thanks to my French based sister in law who said everyone uses it there) so I was intrigued to see how his skin would react to more commercial baby products used daily over a week. The result was good, his bottom is as smooth as a baby’s bottom should be.

The products are designed for newborns and are deliberately gentle and it shows. The lotion only needs to be wiped on and doesn’t have to be removed. I stuffed some bubble bath and shampoo in my eyes (the things you do for a thorough review) and it didn’t sting at all. Sam shovelled a load of bubbles into his mouth. He looked rather surprised, he’s only had breast milk so far so the taste was not quite what he was expecting, but he didn’t cry or look as if he’d just tasted something that was vile.

They come in good pump dispensers which I always prefer. They’re not fragranced, so there is just a sort of clean, babylike smell, all fresh and lovely. Yes, I would recommend these to a friend.

Having tried these out, I buried deeper into the gift basket that Disney had sent. It also included some Annabel Karmel goodies. Sam was too young for them, but the other two hungry gannets spotted them and that was the last I saw of any food.

Deeper still and I struck gold. Disney had said they would include some Pixar DVDs to keep my boys happy for a few hours. Toy Story 3 and Cars will certainly do that and I can remind myself that Disney really do make really, really good movies.

This is a Review Post for which I received a basket of Disney products containing Corine de Farme Newborn skincare ranges, Annabel Karmel food range samples and 2 DVDs.