Christian Travelers Guide

Bet you didn't know this

Shamelessly stealing from A Modern Mother and Alpha Mummy, I thought I'd do a 'bet you didn't know this about me(me)'. Just started this blog you see, you can't know anything much about me. Apart from the 2 years of blogging before, of course, but aside from that...

  1. When I'm not being a Mummy I am doing a part-time PhD. With the part-time nature and the fact that I keep on having babies and having to have a year or so off it is going to be the longest PhD in the history of academia.
  2. My best wedding present was a secret cake recipe. I can't pass it on, because it is a secret, but it does lead to the best cakes ever.
  3. I once trained with the Sierra Leonean 100m womens sprint team.
  4. I am the slowest runner you have ever met. The above was a mistake on all sides. It only happened once, there are only so many times I can be lapped without everyone realising the mismatch.
  5. I might be slow but I can keep on running for a long time. I've done 2 London Marathons, and loved both of them.
  6. I really, really want to do a triathalon. Not fast you understand, but just to get round it. With bump rapidly expanding this year looks out of the question, but next maybe? Or the one after? Haven't done any training or formal exercise since Adam was born 5 years ago so I might need a bit of time to get fit...
  7. Once upon a time I had a proper job, took the tube to work, wore a suit and had a corporate Amex card. It is so long ago now that it really does seem like a different person.
  8. Moving back into our house has meant looking it with new eyes all over again. I now want to extend the kitchen, replace the bathroom and have all sorts of other expensive plans. If it wasn't for that pesky money issue...
  9. My brother is a comedian. He won the Perrier Award and everything. I never thought he was that funny when we were growing up.
  10. Our dog, Jessie, is a Golden Retriever. They are supposed to be the most trainable breed. So there is no excuse for her appalling, picnic stealing, fox poo rolling, other people's house invading behaviour. It is all down to the owners. But in our defence we really don't think she'd have passed the Guide Dogs for the Blind test. Or rather she might have done but only if there hadn't been a discarded hamburger wrapper within 1/4 mile.
This is a meme so I'm going to tag a few people. I have no idea if they have done this meme or not, but I hope to see a few unknown facts about you soon. PS - If you haven't been tagged but fancy taking it on then do what I did and do it anyway!

Maternal Tales
Gappy
Tattie Weasel
Lost in Translation
Young and Younger

Take it away