Christian Travelers Guide

Accountability

OKAY.

OKAY...

I weighed myself this morning.

189.0

WOOHOO! I had been hoping to be under 190 this week. I'm super proud that I hit my goal! I've been working my butt off (trying to squeeze in those 100 miles for June!) and have been really sticking to my calorie allotment.

But now...

I am leaving for the beach in an hour and nine minutes.

I'm terrified that I am totally going to screw this up. I'm making a bold statement here and I'm setting myself a goal. When I step on that scale Wednesday morning, I do NOT want it to be above 192. Three pounds of water weight is manageable and low enough to not make me feel like a huge failure.

How am I going to do this? Well, I'm going to remind myself of three things...

1. There is a size 10 (petite!) dress in my suitcase. That in itself was a huge achievement.

2. My birthday is in eight days (not that I'm counting!) and my original goal was 30 by 30. Can I do 4.8 pounds in a week? Probably not. But I can make it worse than 4.8 and I'd rather not do that.

3. 189. ONE. EIGHTY-NINE. I've been working SO HARD for this.

I need to enjoy myself, but there are ways to enjoy myself without massive amounts of food and getting sick. I'm going to be at the beach for Christ's sake... FRESH SEAFOOD.

Here goes nothing! I'll be checking in next week... the laptop will be taking a vacation from me as well. ;) I will be updating my Facebook page, From the Couch to the Concrete and my Twitter, Couch to Concrete. Find me there!