Christian Travelers Guide

Vacation Planning

Tomorrow morning, I'm off to OCMD for a few days. Even though I'm a diehard "get up with the sun, go down at midnight" vacation type, that has never included getting my ass moving for a run or even a walk unless the end result was food...

However, this time around, I'm pumped about being able to get up early in the morning and go for a run.. probably because I'm so stinking tired of hills, hills, hills. (And cars that refuse to get over for you.) I'm going to feel like a speed demon on the flat boardwalk. I've also checked out some maps and it looks like there are some super healthy smoothie and vegan places within running distance that I might just have to stop at for breakfast on the way back to our hotel.

If you follow me on MyFitnessPal, I won't be logging much beyond my workouts. I actually have this planned out because I'm becoming increasingly Type A with old age. I was scouring the internet for possible fitness classes while I'm down and LO AND BEHOLD, I found THIS:

YOGA ON THE BEACH!

This is going to totally spoil me for the rest of my life...

Other than the running and yoga, I'm trying not to plan ahead too much for food. We're stopping on the way down for some hotel room essentials like bananas, strawberries, single-serve oatmeals, and coffee creamer... because I hate hotel room coffee condiments. Blech.

Basically, I'm going to stay away from fried foods because I don't want to feel miserable. That's been a HUGE trigger for stomach issues since I haven't been eating fried food as much. Same with ice cream as I learned after my Dilly Bar mishap... which means that I'll be enjoying my customary Dumser's milkshake on our balcony to ensure the appropriate bathroom proximity... ;)

I've worked so hard these last few weeks that I don't to ruin it with a bunch of food and lack of movement that I know is the opposite of the treating myself that's supposed to happen on vacation. Running on the beach and fresh seafood are a treat in themselves. Plus, my 30th birthday is coming up next Thursday (the 3rd - plan accordingly) and that will be another week of naughtiness.

What are your vacation essentials for fitness?