Christian Travelers Guide

Where Were You?

Dear Runner Guys in Your Fancy Running Gear,

When you saw me walking downhill today and barely gave me more than a sideways glance, I wanted to tell you that today I finally hit 3 miles in the first time in a year. I've been at this for the last nine weeks, running through sub-zero temperatures and slush, bundled up in layer upon layer, barely able to see over my face mask. Those miles have been slow, but they've been miles, and that's not easy for this heavy body.

I'm sure you snorted to yourself about the big-assed girl dragging herself downhill as you passed me in your fancy running gear, compressed to the nines. You didn't even wave back when I gave you my "I'm out here too!" smile and wave.

One question's been haunting me since I got home from my 40 minute, 3.08 mile "run" though.

Where were YOU these last nine weeks?

Love,
That Big-Assed Girl Inappropriately Dressed for the Below-Freezing Temps