Christian Travelers Guide

Couch to 5K Wrap-Up

AND DONE!

I finished Couch to 5K last week, finally hitting 3 miles in my last three runs.

Week 7:
Day 1: 2.60 miles
Day 2: 2.58 miles
Day 3: 2.50 miles

Week 8:
Day 1: 2.86 miles
Day 2: 2.87 miles
Day 3: 2.75 miles - My run of bad decisions. Took off in the sunshine, finished in the sleet and wind. I secretly loved every minute of being caught in that storm.. shh.

Week 9:
Day 1: 2.85 miles
Day 2: 3.08 miles - Best distance!
Day 3: 3.04 miles

I have no idea which run hit my best pace.. according to my app, it's Week 8 Day 3, but only because I screwed something up trying to beg my boyfriend to pick me up in the middle of the monsoon.

I'm moving myself right into an Ease into 10K program - interval training all the way. I'm finding that this seems to be what works best to me. I thought about Bridge to10K, but when I looked at the first few workouts, I had giggle because let's be honest -- my body doesn't do tempo runs. My "slow jog" IS my race pace. The Ease into 10K program I found seems pretty user-friendly and will work well for me knowing my background. I slog through training, then show up at race day and surprise myself. I get race fever and outdo my training runs.

I've even scored a new pair of kicks to motivate myself. Stay tuned for that story...