Christian Travelers Guide

Loving December

This weekend has been such a blast! December is always such a great time. We started the weekend by making posole (a Mexican soup with lean pork, tomatillos and hominy) and decorating our tree.

Here is the little guy in his Christmas PJs (dinner was served very late Friday) helping to husk the tomatillos:

And here he is excited that the lights work and he doesn't have to help to re-hang them:

Yesterday included a short run, the gym, shopping in Orange County, and then to see the play A Christmas Carole at the South Coast Rep. I love the theater and I am really glad that my little guy likes it too.

Me with my 7 year old date for the theater:

Here are my goals for the week (I'm taking a break from writing about my academic and career goals a lawyer):

Healthy Happiness

To do 2 different types of cardio this week (in addition to the runs) - trying to switch it up a bit. Also to do weights 3 times this week. Hello, gym time! (PS - I hate the gym so this will be a major accomplishment for me)

Mom Missions

to show love - more than the typical verbal words and the hugs; different kids understand love differently; I will make a conscious effort to demonstrate love in added kindnesses throughout the day

Also, to research and decide which charity/community giving events are going on this month that we can help with. One of my goals for 2010 was to involve my little guy in regular events that involve helping others. I haven't done that much this year so this month will be a kick off to 2011 helping others!

Lady of the House

to completely redo the garage this week/weekend; a huge project but must be done! And it is something that we've been planning for a while now. So here we go!

As always, have a great week! Any suggestions on getting/staying motivated for the gym? Would love to hear how you do it!