Christian Travelers Guide

Weekends

Weekends are no good for me. I have no self-control and my "one cheat day" turns into three. I had nachos at work for lunch yesterday, then ate everything in sight at the White Rose. Crab dip, bacon cheese fries, coconut shrimp, quesadillas... I felt like crap when I got home. Today, I'm tracking writing down everything I'm eating, but not counting calories. I just want to see what my intake is on weekends.

Tomorrow, I'm going to a friend's house for football Sunday. I'm getting diet Coke and something healthy to take to eat, maybe fruit and some of that fat-free fruit dip or something. Otherwise, I'll drink and eat crap. Grr to football season, skinny friends (although I do love your skinny butts!), and the holidays coming up.

I'm going to try grocery shopping tonight instead of tomorrow morning because I have a tendency to stop and get junk on my way home from a healthy grocery store trip for whatever reason. I will literally go get groceries on a Sunday morning, then stop at McDonald's or Sonic to get breakfast. What is the point in that? Sabotaging myself, of course.

This week, with the craziness of getting used to a new schedule and starting another Zumba class, I am going to cheat on meals by doing Lean Cuisine for lunch and dinner. I KNOW, I know, I know the sodium content is not where it should be ideally, but I sort of want to see what happens with the scale over the course of the week by doing this. I'm not sure what the health value of NutriSystem meals is, but I'm assuming this might be close? I'll certainly be doing a lot of label eyeballing for sodium, that's for sure.