Christian Travelers Guide

Meerkats and new training schedule

Well, it's been a very full week, fun weekend, lots of work, and lots of fattening food (and it's not even Thanksgiving yet!) But I ran for the first time in 3 weeks today! So I am already off to a good start.

The best part of my weekend were meerkats.

That's right.

We went to the zoo. Meerkats are great little helpers. My little man and I have read a lot about meerkats and yesterday, as the zoo was closing at 5 pm, the meerkats were really active. We spent a lot of time watching them and I got a kick out of how a 6 year old can be entertained just watching nature!

Here are my goals for this week:

Healthy Happiness

I start my new training schedule this week! So my goal is to stick to the runs and weight training exercises every day of my planned workouts. I am also going to cut out bread, rice, and wine out of at least 2 dinners this week - substituting a starchy vegetable.

Mom Missions

to host birthday party #3 for my little guy - a pizza party for his classroom with a huge cupcake cake (military theme, his choice)

Lawyer Limits

to demonstrate gratefulness for my work and the people around me in my job; I will do this by verbal thank you's and maybe a present or two for those who help me :)

Academic Ambition

to finish my latest book!

Lady of the House

to relax this week so that I can properly focus on family, activities, and work when I return next week

Have a terrific week! I am off (later this week) to a very tropical place with 80 degree weather. But more on that later this week :)