Christian Travelers Guide

Super Sunday Goals!

So far this weekend, my little guy and I had a sleepover birthday party Friday night, an early morning organized run at Balboa Park (he did the kids 1K and I ran the 5K), and a Saturday afternoon birthday swim party.

My little guy (who is 6 years old) won 2nd place in his run, so he won a medal and a watermelon (the run was called the Watermelon Run). It was his first organized run and I'm sure we will be doing more of these family run in the near future :) This is a pix of us after our run yesterday:

Even though this week is a "short week" by most standards, I decided that I cannot cut short my goals for this week. So below are my goals for this week:

Healthy Happiness

To cut out sweets for this week. This is a very difficult thing for me to do since I eat dessert at least once a day. But I have not been able to break past this weight plateau and I am certain it is the sweets in my diet.

I also plan to run 4 days, do yoga 1 day, and a bike ride 1 day and I have written down the days AND times for my workouts this week.

Mom Missions

To focus on manners this week. Since starting second grade, it seems like my little guy's manners have seemed to go out the window. So we will read a manners book that I picked up a local bookstore, and at every meal, I will help him concentrate on table manners. I am also thinking of signing us up for an etiquette class, which would be fun for both of us!

Lawyer Limits

My goals at work this week include starting and completing a new project in 3 days this week. I have the specifics written in my planner, but I still like to blog about the basics to help keep me accountable :)

Academic Ambition

My academics goal this week is relates both to me and to my little guy. We are going to work on writing neatly. I have not practiced this in a long time and I do not write legibly. My secretary has been complaining, so it is time to practice writing neatly! And 2 days this week I will be having my little guy write the alphabet neatly - spacing and letters are important in 2nd grade assignments.

Lady of the House

To send out 2 letters this week (either thank you notes or encouraging notes). I think the art of the written note (sent via snail mail) is a lost art and I try to send letters at least once a month. I have not done that for a while, so I will be sending out 2 letters this week (and I bought some new stationary to encourage me to do this).

I hope you are enjoying your long weekend and good luck as your week gets under way! Happy Sunday :)