Christian Travelers Guide

Saying goodbye vs moving on

This trip to NY was just as fun as all the other trips. But for some reason, it was really difficult to leave this time. Usually after a few days of vacation or a change of scenery, I am ready to come home.

But this time, I did not want to leave. It wasn't the fact that it was in the 60's in NY and the 100's here in LA. I don't know what it was, but I was sad leaving the city.

In times when I find it difficult to leave a situation, I usually just "suck it up and move on." Moving on is an action. Moving on requires motivation and determination.

But saying goodbye, actually facing the loss and dealing with the change, that takes courage. It is a different kind of strength. And goodbyes are not something that I am good at. But I want to learn to be better.

How do you say goodbye? Not just moving on, but actually facing the person, place or thing, and wishing it well.

This is me saying goodbye to Central Park:

Speaking of moving on, here are my goals for this week:

Healthy Happiness

My goal this week will be to lessen my portions this week at mealtimes (I won't bore you with numbers).

Mom Missions

To be cheerful. No one likes a frenzied mom who is too busy to be likeable. I want to be excited and cheerful about life with my little guy - it's contagious :)

Lawyer Limits

To apply myself in my job - to give 100% this week.

Academic Ambition

To take my little guy on a library trip - and to check out some books appropriate for his reading level since I am trying to get him even farther ahead by winter break.

Lady of the House

A trip to the pumpkin patch this weekend (October already!) to pick out a couple of pumpkins for decorating, and a few for carving.