Christian Travelers Guide

No More Summer Saturdays

This is the last Saturday of summer! So I thought I would share my favorite picture from our summer photos this summer. Here is my little guy enjoying the pool in Scottsdale, AZ:

Since I live in LA, you may be wondering why I care about the seasons. Even though there aren't dramatic changes in the weather, there are changes that take place in our home and scheduling. For example, our family project today is to get out and decorate the house for Halloween. See? Changes come with the season change, even in LA :)

This week I had multiple goals as I listed in this post on Sunday. My mom goal this week was to help my little guy practice kindnesses. Since he started secoond grade this year, teaching any character traits has been so much work! Even though he objected many times, he did practice 2 kindnesses per day. But like I said, it was difficult task.

I was hoping to finish my book The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo this week. I am not done with the book yet, but I still have one more day before the week is over :)

My home goal this week was to get rid of clothes - and I got rid of 2 huge black trash bags filled. I would have taken a pix, but thought it would be boring to see bags of clothes. Even though I got rid of a lot, I still need to get rid of more! And I routinely get rid of clothes when I purchase new ones. I can't believe how much stuff we collect over such a short time. How do we accumulate so much stuff?

I'm off to some yoga this morning and then to decorate the house for October. I am so glad to be doing a 23 mile week this week - my highest mileage week so far! Have a great weekend! :)