Christian Travelers Guide

Forward Friday

I am looking forward today. Anxiously awaiting the holidays, including Halloween in October and my little guy's birthday in November, as well as the other holidays and celebrations coming up. October is usually when we start baking together and we do lots of fun fall crafts (even though I am SO not crafty!). And we do a fall family photo shoot :)

Here is a fun ghost shake that we made last year and that I will be making again this year, I'm sure:

And this year I also have my half marathon in October to look forward to! Training for my first half marathon has definately been a learning experience for me and I can't wait to see what new things I will be learning about myself, my body, and my motivation over the next few weeks.

A little fact about me, I love shoes. Mostly high heeled, fun colored shoes. But I also **heart** socks. Yesterday, with my bright colored running shorts, I wore these pair of True Religion brand socks that I adore:

Call it crazy, but sometimes I need cute running socks to motivate me to get out and run.

One of my favorite things about blog-land is that I like to read about what motivates people to excel, whether in sports, careers, etc. What motivates you to run? Or to excel in any area? Is it just the concept of being healthy that motivates you in athletics? Because honestly, that concept doesn't get me out of bed and running...

Just curious.