Christian Travelers Guide

Goals & new beginnings this week

Today is August 15 so it is the beginning of the second half of August. Below is a picture of another new beginning - the first day of second grade for my little guy (he is the one in the yellow shirt). We started and successfully completed the first week of second grade this last week!

This week is a new beginning in a lot of ways, for me and the little guy, and I am very excited. So, here are some of my goals for this week (as listed in the topic areas on the right side of this blog):

HEALTHY HAPPINESS

to follow my nutrition plan for this week - I am very excited to have a full week of "clean" eating and to see those results

my athletic goal this week is to run 3 times and do yoga 2 times this week - a big increase from the level of activity that I have been doing lately

MOM MISSIONS

to use more humor in my dealings with the little guy; my 6 year old has a good sense of humor and I need to use that to help him as he faces the new things that this week brings :)

PARALEGAL PURPOSE

to be "present" when I am at work - to be mentally focused and do my best when I am there; this is important for me since I work from home a lot

ACADEMIC AMBITION

to practice sudoku 3 times this week - they say this helps memory :)

LADY OF THE HOUSE

to clean out 2 closets in my home this week (cleaning out is different than organizing the closet and my closets are too big and have too much stuff to do both big jobs this week for 2 closets :)

Today also marks exactly 10 weeks until my first half marathon! I am very excited for this week of new begginings!

Good luck as you begin your week - I would love to hear about your plans this week!