Christian Travelers Guide

gluesticks & nutrition :)

I am excited that this month is coming to an end. My 6 year old has been in second grade for 3 weeks now and things are finally starting to settle in and slow down. The picture below shows what I do every Monday. I am in my son's class and help with whatever the teacher needs - which usually involves stapling, cutting, gluing, etc. Glamorous, right?

Notice the work Blackberry in the picture? Glue stick, scissors, second grade papers, and sparkly Blackberry to address any urgent work issues... that is my life on Mondays!

Anyway, I love helping in his class once a week. It keeps me "in the loop" with the latest regarding my son's friends, the hot things to do at recess, and the learning curriculum. It is also great to be with kids who don't care how many miles you ran that day, what accomplishments or disappoints you experienced at work, or how many calories you have left to eat. They just like your sparkly necklace and the way you cut out their project. It's a great experience that I get to enjoy weekly.

With regards to my goals this week, I am very glad that I have kept up with all of them! And with the nutrition thing, I made good choices last week and even better choices this week. Below is a picture of my new favorite lunch (half gone before I remembered to take the picture), and the salad doesn't even need dressing!

And I get to meet with my nutritionist again tomorrow. Yeah! I can't wait to see where this eating healthier thing leads. So far, I have not lost any weight, but I am feeling better and am more energized.

OK - I am off to complete my 5 mile run and then head to the office. I hope your week has been going well!

I think one of my goals for next week will be to update my blog more consistently...