Christian Travelers Guide

goals for last full week in August!

I usually am sad to see the end of the month as many times it seems that I wanted to accomplish so much more than I did. This month has been different and difficult and I am glad to be saying goodbye to August!

The picture above is of the view from our room at the Hotel Del Coronado this weekend. I took the picure at about sunrise so it is not a great photo. But I love sunrises - they symbolize new beginnings :) And this mini vacation was honestly the most truly relaxing time that I have had in a long time.

One more thing before my goals this week - my position at work has changed, as has my title. I am no longer a paralegal. Since I have my bachelor's degree and my law degree, I am technically a lawyer. When I pass the CA bar exam, I will be licensed in CA. But at this point, I am changing my work goals to match my new title.

So now, here are my goals for this week:

Healthy Happiness

to continue my eating plan from my nutritionist; specifically, I need to practice eating less carbs at dinner (this is so hard!)

Mom Missions

to practice just listening to my little guy; being 6 years old, he is use to being constantly corrected or being given constant instruction; this weekend I practiced just listening to him as he rambled on about some things in his little world (not giving my opinion, nor instruction about what he was saying); it was a great experience for both of us and I want to practice that again this week

Lawyer (I need to come up with a little name for this work goal area)

to finish my work for the month during this week so that I can actually be caught up this month :) ; my goal is to end 2010 being ahead and in order to do that, I need to start this month, and then keep up for the rest of the year

Academic Ambition

to sit down (at the end of the week) and get my plan in place for the next 6 months -where do I want to be? what should be my academic priorities?

Lady of the House

to look at magazines for ideas for my little guy's room; I want to re-do his room over the next couple of months and need some ideas of what we are looking to change, add, and remove to give his room a new look :)

I hope everyone has had a great summer! Have a terrific week :)