Christian Travelers Guide

goals & getting focus this week!

This is a picture of the view from my room for the last few days. I had a brief vacation in Hawaii for the past couple of days. I had a good time and got a great tan, but it was not quite relaxing. This was due to outside pressures that I have been dealing with back in LA, along with an unexpected situation that arose once I was in Hawaii. But I am still counting my blessings and am so lucky to have the experiences that I do in life :)

Today is my "Sunday", since I am back to work tomorrow. The following are my goals for this week:

HEALTHY HAPPINESS

Since I skipped a week of training, my goal this week is to get back on my training plan for the half marathon, which is now 3 months away. Bonus goal: to write down exactly at what time each day that I will be doing my miles towards my 19 mile week this week.

MOM MISSIONS

This week it is mental. Sometimes it is very difficult to co-parent. But I am trying to raise an emotionally and physically healthy 6 year old without exposing him to those difficulties. And it takes mental focus to keep things seperate and do the best job as a mom. So I plan to wake up every morning and get my mental focus for that day, so that I can be the best mom I can be :)

PARALEGAL PURPOSE

I will be accomplishing my work list in 3 days this week. This means there is no "wiggle room" at work, but I will accomplish the "to-do" items each day of those 3 days!

ACADEMIC AMBITION

I am reading The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo right now. I want to practice using recreational reading as my mental break. I should practice reading at times other than vacations, and I want to start that this week :)

LADY OF THE HOUSE

To get unpacked and clothes washed and put away before Saturday!

I hope you all had a good weekend and wish you luck with your goals this week!