Christian Travelers Guide

Goals for the last week in July!

It is the last week in July and this summer is flying by. I am having a terrific weekend because it is my first time being with my boy in a couple of weeks! He was on vacation with his dad's family in another state and I am so happy to have him back with me :)

Since my 6 year old will be starting school in a couple of weeks, some of my goals this week are going in that direction. I also am officially beginning my training for the half marathon in October. And I am finishing up the month at work. Some of my topics this week include more than one goal. This is necessary for me, this week, in order to focus on what needs to be done and to accomplish what I have set out to do.

As a side note, this week is also difficult for me because I was suppose to be taking the bar exam. I am sad that I am registered for it and had been thinking about it and moving in that direction for the last 6 months. However, due to unforeseen circumstances that occurred a couple of weeks ago, I had to cancel those plans and move in another direction.

So, without further delay, here are my goals for this week:

HEALTHY HAPPINESS

1. To complete my entire week of training for the half-marathon, which is 19 miles this week; this may mean doing some of my training on the "dreadmill" instead of running outside and I have faced that this week.

2. To be in bed by 10 pm every day this week. This will be very difficult, considering that I usually can't go to bed until 1 am or 2 am, due to my busy schedule. But my 5 am wake up time makes it necessary for me to start having an earlier bedtime.

MOM MISSIONS

1. To start Isaiah on his 2nd grade curriculum this week, in preparation for school to start in a couple of weeks

2. To go shopping for school clothes! My boy grew a LOT this summer :)

PARALEGAL PURPOSE

To accomplish my goals this week in 3 days this week. It is a difficult requirement, but one that I believe is doable and I will be striving to accomplish.

ACADEMIC AMBITION

To practice taking mental breaks by reading my current book (The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo). It takes practice for me to incorporate reading into my weekly life. I love reading and do it while on vacation, but I am working on incorporating reading into my weekly life. It expands my vocabulary and is mentally healthy :)

LADY OF THE HOUSE

To organize my clothing and dresser items.

BONUS GOAL: PAYING OFF A DEBT IN FULL! (MY 3RD BILL PAYING OFF THIS SUMMER)

I hope everyone is having a good summer break!