Christian Travelers Guide

Perfect Father's Day

Isaiah grilling with Grandpa today :)

I am so grateful for family! We had such a great Father's Day grilling at my dad's house with my sister and brother and our families. I was raised in a terrific home with loving parents and I always appreciate that on these special days. Since my mom passed away 6 years ago, Father's Day has become even more important.

And another thing that made today great was that I got to spend it with my son. Usually my 6 year old spends Father's Day with his dad (my ex-husband). Today he arrived from a 7 day cruise with his dad and so I got to spend the entire day with him. We took lots of dad's day pix with my son and my dad.

OK - now onto my goals for this week. As stated last week, my goals from now until the end of July are only going to consist of my bar exam preparation (future lawyer) & practice and my half marathon training (future marathoner). I am hoping that this blog will help to keep me accountable :)

I will list my goals as numbers (realizing that they only make sense to me):

Future Lawyer

270 MBE questions
6 days this week to include bar practice
4 essays
1 day off

Future Marathoner

12 miles minimum (adding sprints this week)
3 days of running
2 days of cross training

This week is really busy for me as Isaiah has swim lessons every day, we are doing a family day at Disney, a planned Angels vs. Dodgers game, etc. But my focus must remain on my training. It's just 4 more weeks... .

Have a great week :)