Christian Travelers Guide

letting go of the merry-go-round

I usually post my goals for the week on Sundays and then log about each goal on the same 5 or 6 days of the week (see the listing on the right side). For the next 6 weeks, I will only be listing my goals in 2 training areas of my life - training for the bar exam in 40 days, and training for the half marathon in 128 days. Very, very limited focus? Yes. Because that is what I need to do for the next 40 days.

I titled this post "letting go of the merry-go-round" because I think that is the trick for my success for the next 40 days. When we were young, you had to know when to let go of the merry-go-round in order to land with both feet on the ground. And I let go today - let go of all the crazy but fun things that comprise my life. I let go so that in 40 days, I can land with both feet on the ground for the bar exam.

I have to be honest here, because that is what this blog is about. I haven't blogged because I was waiting to speak with my trainer (for the bar exam) first. I was not even sure I could do the bar exam with only 40 days of preparation. But this morning we spoke, and he thinks I can absolutely do it.

So, I'm off to hit the books for a couple of hours. One of my training goals is done for today (my paced 5 mile run) and I have 6 other training sessions to complete today for my bar training. Here I go...