Christian Travelers Guide

Review: Lands End Corduroy Trousers

Let me start this review with a confession. I have a geography degree. Which means that I am predisposed to LOVE corduroy. And I do. It has been one of the great joys to me this year that corduroy is suddenly back in the shops and at long last I can replace some of my old, much loved, many holed pairs of cords with some gleaming, delicious new ones. And this, dear readers, has been a Good Thing.

I was asked if I'd like to review a pair of Lands End trousers and I was only ever going to snaffle up something from their cord section; 2 types of trousers (straight leg and boot cut) and a wide range of colours. I couldn't resist a pair of aubergine coloured boot cut ones, bring a bit of colour into dreary drizzly days.

I'd never shopped from Lands End before and I was immediately impressed - you select the length of your trousers and they will hem them for you. As someone who spends her life turning up my hems this was an absolute joy.Very big special star for Lands End for offering that.

So what about the trousers themselves? They are sized on the generous side (the first pair had to go back as they were far too big). The second pair is still pretty big and even though the diet has been going well, I've never been a size 10 in anything before and I'm not a size 10 in anything else, so I'd bear that in mind when ordering. Even in the 10 the waist is still a bit on the large side but I almost always wear a belt with trousers anyway so that isn't a problem. The waist is higher than I am used to which feels a bit odd, but I'll get used to it. The cord is soft and stretchy, probably a little thinner than I'd ideally go for but still very wearable.The aubergine plum colour is very vivid. If I'm being mean I'd say it was a tiny bit too Christmassy, it's a very rich colour (think open fires and beautifully decorated houses) which I am finding a little difficult to match my tops too.

I asked the husband what he thought:

'your bum looks great in that' was his first comment.

'it's not the worst thing you've worn' was his second

'what do I know?' was his third before he ran upstairs and hid.

So a mixed review from him them although that counts as pretty positive as I've heard what he's said about other stuff that I have worn and doesn't like.

So my thoughts overall? A nice pair of trousers from a company with good customer service (the courier came to get the pair of trousers that were too big and a replacement pair was quickly delivered).The colour is more vivid than I usually wear and the cut also is not my usual style, but as long as I wear a belt with them then I like them. So thank you Lands End for allowing me to indulge my geographer cord tendencies.