Christian Travelers Guide

An apology

I feel I must apologise to everyone who has heard my youngest's attempts to mimic a rock guitar today. I shan't try to copy it or describe it for your tender ears, but shall just say that involves a full volume Luke screech, which is loud even for a 3 year old. The people I need to apologise to include:

- the people on the Piccadilly Line tube at both 11ish and 4ish today as well as those at Hammersmith and South Kensington tube stations. I hope none of you had to hear it twice.

- the people in the tunnel by South Kensington tube station.

- the actual rock guitarist in the tunnel by South Kensington tube station who could not make himself heard over the din of mimicry.

- Almost everybody in the Science Museum.

- Particular those wanting to eat their lunch in a vague element of peace and quiet.

- People waiting in the queue to see the dinosaur section of the Natural History Museum. I was thinking of you when making the call not to join the queue, however much Adam was begging to see the Triceratops.

- People in the 209 bus and the particularly unlucky ones also queuing with us at the bus station.

- People on our street, especially our neighbours.

- My mother, who has heard almost every single one of the screeches. There have been many. I'm surprised either of us can still hear. To stick with me all day today was over and above the call of duty.

I'd also like to say that today was the earliest my children have been to bed all holiday. It's amazing how quickly you can get through that bed time routine when you have well and truly had enough.

They are due back at school a week tomorrow. If I go a day early, bang on the doors and look suitably pathetic do you reckon they might let me leave them there, just long enough for a cup of tea and total, complete and absolute silence?