Christian Travelers Guide

Pub 101

Q: Who are the worst possible people to sit next to when you are obviously pregnant and out on a rare quiet evening drink with your lovely husband?

A: 3 Trainee Doctors (no longer undergrads but looking about 12) reading their latest Obs and Gynae text book and clearly about to start their time in a maternity ward. Not any maternity ward, but the one I am due to give birth in in 3 months time.

To give them their due, they were at least trying to get up to speed before being put in front of any patients. But as I overheard one of them looking at a text book diagram asking his mate "which one is the cervix and which is the vagina?" I started to giggle. As another asked if there was another way the baby could get out apart from the vagina, the giggles got worse and by the time we got onto their impressions about the actual birth bit of the process Dave and I were in complete hysterics.

As we went to leave, and The Bump and I had to squeeze past their table and they saw a real life pregnant woman, I'm sure I spotted a flash of mild panic on their faces.