Christian Travelers Guide

A Novel Idea

Clinging to the sides of the steep hills above Tuzla lies the forest of Ilincica. It's a magical, mystical place where the Bosnians come for picnics at the weekends. During the week there is seldom anyone there. I would take the boys and the dog and walk up there almost every day. We would spend hours throwing sticks down the hill for the dog to chase and scrambling across the cliff face with me thinking 'what am I doing?'. I find now, back in Britain, I'm missing Ilincica's steep, unmanaged slopes and the ridiculous adventures we would have trying to climb them, but many Bosnians couldn't believe we went up there so often, they thought it was a dangerous place. So, in response to this weeks prompt Tara's Gallery , a photo that reminds you of a book, I give you our Bosnian version of The Lord of the Rings. If you look carefully you might find a hobbit hiding and the threat of the Nazgul menace, but mainly it was just beautiful.