Christian Travelers Guide

How to make your mother feel good

Putting the boys to bed last night:

Luke: Mummy you are really old.

Me: I'm not that old. I'm not as old as Granny. Or Daddy.

Luke: But you are really really old

Me: feeling a bit defensive now, especially as the bit 4-0 is on the very near horizon. Really, I'm not that old

Luke: Do you know how I know that you are really old?

Me: so not liking the way this is going but drawn, like a moth to a flame, to find out exactly why I'm the most ancient woman seen on this planet for several millennia No. Why?

Luke: You said that when you are old you sometimes forget things. And you forget everything. So you must be really old.

So not only am I deemed to be ancient, I'm also suffering from advanced dementia. Marvellous. Skewered once again by the logic of a 4 year old.