Christian Travelers Guide

Planning: A New Studio Workspace!

(Above: My desk/workspace)

The past few days has seen myself (and a few lovely handy helpers!) sort and price approximately 15 packing boxes worth of stuff for my huge garage sale that I have organised for this coming Saturday. (You can head over here to the facebook event for more info!)

Why the huge garage sale? Well in the near future I have super-fun plans to move from Brisbane, where I have lived my whole life, to Tasmania, where it will be so nice and cold and small and affordable! I am also planning to study visual art and major in jewellery and object design. I hope to do lots and lots of creative type learning down there, and have so many ideas I can't even write them down fast enough.

One of the ideas is of course to have a very nice and user friendly studio workspace. Never before have I been able to plan such a room (or any room) from scratch!

Here are some studios and work areas I have been admiring lately:

(Above: the workspace of Uptightso)

I love the use of what I assume to be brightly coloured crates as both shelving and as a support to the desk. I remember my parents using crates like this back when I was teeny tiny!

(Above: Jake and Gen - Melbourne based Artist and Architect)

(Above: Candy Stripe Cloud)

I would rattle off a list of what I like about the above space but I simply love everything! Just look at those funny apples and cute owls and just TRY not to smile! What is your ideal workspace like?