Christian Travelers Guide

Stitching up a storm

Recently I have started feeling the need to sew again, to turn pieces of fabric and little odd and ends into functional, often wearable pieces. I am yet to start sewing my own clothes, although that is another goal of mine, spurred on by the fact that Milkbar sells Collette patterns for all sorts of cute clothes.

Until then, I will happily sit in front of me sewing machine making a gazillion different collars for myself with all sorts of different trims, clasps, buttons and ribbons to match (or not match). This sprinkly 'iced doughnut' party collar (above and below) is my new #1 favourite. Today I am wearing it with a Betty Jo sugar skull brooch pinned in the centre.I especially love the shiny metallic gold ric-rac I found at Spotlight!

Here are a few others I have made in the past two days:

If anyone is interested in owning similar pieces, I am taking pre-orders for the sprinkly iced doughnut collars as well as expressions of interest for other designs. Feel free to pop me an email at helloplasticsun@gmail.com if you're keen! (Each collar is $15 plus postage)