Christian Travelers Guide

Review: Oh Baby London boys clothes

I am frequently to be found ranting about boys clothes. Generally when I've been forced out to go and get some and head into a shop to find 95% of it full of pretty, flowery, pink stuff and the remaining 5% covered in skulls, graffiti or plain old dull. Why is it there aren't better, more interesting boys clothes? Huh? Why not?

Of course with three boys the thing that I am actually most interested in is how long the clothes are going to last. Ideally I'd like them to last through all three. Given that seldom happens (Levi's jeans being a noteable exception) I'd expect the clothes to make it through at least one boy before collapsing in a heap of holes. Currently most of their clothes are nearing the heap of holes level.

So when Oh Baby London asked if I'd like to review some of their boys clothes we jumped. Whilst my boys are classic males in that they don't think for longer than 2 seconds about what they are going to wear, they do like to 'look cool'. So Oh Baby London was going to have to come up with some cool designs that managed to appeal to the boys as well as me AND be impressively durable in order to impress us.

Adam's was the first one out of the box. He's a very tall 6 and we went for the 8 yo size. Fits him perfectly. Adam loves this top, totally appeals to his inner rock god. I like this top too, a good thick long sleeve, looks as if it will last well.

Luke's was next up. Again we had gone for a slightly bigger size (always room for them to grow into) and it fits my stocky lad just fine. The quality is as good as the one above, the material is thick and the top is well made. Luke loves this design, thinks it very cool. I'm less sure but then what do I know?

Finally little Sam got the 2 year old sweater. Again, I was pleased I'd gone for the larger size, it fits him well now, I don't think it'll fit him when he's 2. The neck is pleasingly wide though, I can get it on and off him easily, and the sweater seems lovely and warm. I've no idea what Sam thinks of the design (opinions in toddlers being wildly overrated) but I'm not a fan. It's a bit tatoo-ey for me and somehow I don't think it's appropriate for babies. The print is stuck on and I always wonder how long it will stay stuck to the garment.

All the tops have been through the washing machine a few times and are holding up well. Quality wise they have the feel of tops that will last and last.Pricewise they are not cheap (the tops costing between £18 and £20 each), but well made, durable clothes seldom are.

So if you are looking for different well made boys clothes, then I'd recommend a browse in Oh Baby London.

This is a review post for which I received the 3 tops above with a total value of £56 to review free of charge.