Christian Travelers Guide

I got treats!

Goodness gracious me, today was really, really F-U-N. Bianca and her mister picked us up around 10am for a trip to the Evandale markets. It's not easily accessible by bus so it's been 4 months since our first visit and we've been itching to go back. This knitted fellow was my first find. I was so happy to pull him out from the bottom of a box of unwanted toys. He had another knitted friend who I desperately wanted to take home but I sadly (and regretfully) left him behind, as this guy was already $7 and I wanted to make sure I didn't spend all my pocket money in the first 5 minutes.

These earrings are so sweet - I'm considering starting a Japan savings account now even though we have nothing officially planned, just a strong desire to visit there soon.

Couldn't resist this children's purse from the 70s - it had a broken chain attached but I pulled it off. It's far too small for me to store coins inside but it'd make a great home for novelty hair clips (of which I currently own 2 but am planning to expand that collection quick smart!)

I saw a corner of this tea towel poking out from a pile under a seller's chair and asked what it was. She pulled it out, unfolded it and I had to stifle a squeal of glee. I'm already trying to decide where I will hang it in the house.

These two purchases aren't very visually exciting - the Paton's knitting book will be cut up later and the cream/white/green scarf is unusually demure for me but I wanted a big square head scarf for bad hair days that could go well with lots of clothes.

If all the market excitement wasn't enough, we all stopped in at a vintage shop located in Kings Meadows. I didn't buy anything at the shop but there was a rather kitsch budgerigar tin I wish I snapped up. After the quick-stop off we met up at the park for a birthday picnic with Isis and Damien from our favourite cafe, Milkbar. A few of their friends came along too and everyone was really friendly. We all played a game of Finska and shared yummy food treats.

Nicest. Day. Ever.