Christian Travelers Guide

Catch-up

Every time I say I'm going to be better about blogging, I don't. Let's have another go at this since it's nearly summer and I'll have much more time in my life.

Basically, nothing fitness-wise has been super exciting. I ran the Yuengling Lager Jogger 5K back in April after starting to have pretty severe pelvis/back pain. I set a mile PR and set a PR for the course, so I was pretty pleased with myself.

The pelvis/back pain continued and a few weeks ago, I caved in and saw my doctor. He thought it might have been that my sacrum was a little off, but even with an adjustment, I was still having pain. He tried treating the psoas muscle, but it was only temporary relief during the treatment. He sent me for an ultrasound which came back clear, then sent me for an x-ray of my pelvis, which also came back clear. I have my first appointment with a physical therapist on Tuesday, so we'll see how that goes.

My running game has been nearly non-existent, but not the like, Oh my god, I'm going to have to start all over again non-existent, rather the I'm going to run until it hurts and then not run for another few days kind of non-existent. Basically, I'm not on a schedule, which is super weird for me. I've been walking Lu at least two miles every day to keep myself moving. My food game has also been off, but it's always off.

I'm hoping to run a 5K on the 6th with Mom and Dad, but I'm going to wait and register until I see the PT on Tuesday and see what they think.

Fingers crossed!