Christian Travelers Guide

Low Sugar Skinny Chocolate Peanut Butter No Bakes

If you know me at all, you know my love of two things:

1. Dark chocolate
2. Peanut butter

Once upon a time, I discovered Peanut Butter & Co.'s Dark Chocolate Dreams and my world has never been the same. It is sinfully delicious, but actually has fewer calories, fat, and sugar than any other peanut butter I've tried, and there's nothing bad hidden in it -- no hydrogenated oil or high fructose corn syrup, just genuine, amazeballs dark chocolate peanut butter flavor.

So, today, I was having one of those restless mind days sending me into an anxiety attack, so I had to do something to keep me busy. I stalked around on Pinterest, trying to find something healthy, yet decadent. I came across Skinny Taste's Skinny No-Bake Cookies recipe and decided to try my hand at it. I did some tweaking, so here's what my recipe looked like:

6 packets of TruVia
1/2 c. unsweetened cocoa
2 T. Blue Bonnet light
1/2 c. fat free milk
2 1/2 c. quick oats
3/4 c. Dark Chocolate Dreams

You boil the first four ingredients, then combine the oatmeal and peanut butter. After it was mixed, I measured mine out by tablespoons and rolled them into balls, placed on wax paper, and popped 'em in the fridge.

Now, Skinny Taste's measured out to 40 per batch with a serving of 2 cookies being 106 calories. I measured mine, and I got 32 cookies, so with a serving of 2 cookies, it's 126 calories per serving. HOWEVER! There is very little sugar in my version. The peanut butter itself, divided up by 32 cookies, has only 1.3 grams of sugar per cookie. HOLLA!

So, yea. Go buy some Dark Chocolate Dreams (but buy it at Walmart or Target where it's about $2 or $3 less than in a grocery store like Weis or Giant) and make yourself some no-bakes.

How long do you think they'll last in my fridge?

;)