Christian Travelers Guide

Being Honest With Myself

I have a confession to make.

I am burnt out.

I got to week six of 1/2 marathon training, and just hit a wall. I've thought about it, I've tried to work around it, and I've tried to push through it. It's not that I don't think I can do it, it's that I don't want to do it.

Whaaaaat?

Honestly. There is nothing inside of me that wants to go out and run 10 miles. There is not a single part of me that wants to log 20+ miles of running a week. Sure, I feel proud of myself when I do that, but I'd rather run 3 miles every day and improve my 5K and 10K times than run 1/2 marathons and push myself to do something that I honestly don't want to do.

I went to the gym last Saturday and worked out on a machine for the first time in like a year. It was the first time in a long time that I actually enjoyed my workout, other than when I'm doing Zumba. I was pushing myself, breathing heavily, and dripping sweat, but I was loving it. I wasn't counting down the miles or the seconds or fidgeting with the machine to pass the time.

I am learning that it's one thing to push myself, but it's another thing to force myself to do something that I genuinely don't want to do. I'm still excited about the two 1/2s that I have coming up because I can't wait to see how I do, but after the 2nd one in September, it's all 5Ks and 10Ks from here (except for the Megatransect that I will be kicking ass at).

I can't wait to run for the sake of running, not because it's part of my training.

And speaking of 5Ks, I am running my first 5K on my own tomorrow - the Lillies for Lily 5K near Lancaster. I wanted to beat my time from the MHA Ladies 5K, but these past two weeks have been so busy that I am not sure if I will be able to or not.. the last time I ran was last Tuesday.

I'm so very ready to crack down on the fitness and the weight loss this summer. Monday is the day. I'm working a CUH-RAY-ZEE Zumba schedule this summer and I'd like to keep running 3 days a week, as well as introduce some strength training and other classes if they fit.

It's my Biggest Loser summer. ;)