Christian Travelers Guide

1/2 Marathon Training: Week 3 Recap

Tuesday:Scheduled: Easy Run - 2 mi @ 14:45 pace
Completed: 3.11 miles @ 16:53 pace
Don't take that pace too seriously. M. and I went out on the trail and ended up stopping in some places to take in the sights and I didn't stop my tracker. Good run in the rain!

Thursday:
Scheduled: Tempo Run - 5 mi - Warm; 3 mi. @ 13:08; Cool
Completed: 5.09 miles @ 14:32 pace (on Saturday)
Legs were bothering me something AWFUL Thursday. Decided to take the night off, hoping I'd feel better the next day. Legs were still painful on Friday, so I decided to wait until Saturday morning to walk the 5. Ran the first mile, walked the middle three, and ran the last. Not too unhappy with my time considering more than half of that was walked. That means that even if I walk some of the 1/2 in July, I should be able to finish in under 3 hours.

Sunday:
Scheduled: Long Run - 7 mi @ 14:45 pace
Completed: Nothing...
So, the leg issues are continuing. It's my knees and my ankles. I'm getting terrible shin splints, especially when I wake up in the morning, and my left knee is painful, even when I'm sitting down driving. I could have walked the 7, but I feel like listening to my body is more important than the miles right now. I'd rather be unprepared for the 1/2 and complete it in over 3 hours than injured and not able to complete it at all.

Overall, I'm pretty annoyed with the setback this week. I'm happy that my weight is maintaining though, but I hate missing training days. I'm promising myself that I am going to push through these next seven weeks, even if the miles need to be walked. I know I can do this. :)

Scheduled mileage: 14
Completed mileage: 8.20
49 days to go!