Christian Travelers Guide

1/2 Marathon Training: Week 2 Recap

Tuesday:
Scheduled: Long run - 6 mi. @ 14:45 pace
Completed: 6 mi @ 13:33 pace
Decided to reverse training this week because of a busy weekend. Headed to the gym for this one, ran the first 2 miles straight, then did 1/4 mile walking and 3/4 mile jogging intervals for the last 4. I'm thinking that this is a good way to make my long runs more managable for me... short walking intervals combined with running.

Thursday:
Scheduled: Speedwork - 5 mi - Warm; 2x1600 in 12:24 w/ 800 jogs; Cool
Completed: 5 mi. + @ 20:00 pace
Didn't have the energy to bang this out very fast. I went with Amie and Michelle and we walked most of it. I raced Amie's son for a few quick sprints, the Michelle and I jogged a solid mile near the end. It was more about getting the miles in than killing them for me. We did jog without music and talked while we did it, which was a nice change and sign of progress for me! :)

Friday:
Scheduled: Easy run - 2 mi @ 14:45 pace
Completed: 2.15 mi @ 9:00 pace
SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO happy with my time! I hit the front door and looked at my Garmin and it was at 19:33. I could have fainted. I really thought I might have been hallucinating, lol. Very proud of myself with this run!

Scheduled mileage: 13
Completed mileage: 13.15

Two weeks down and I'm not dead yet. This week will be a challenge because Tuesday is a late night at school and I have another Zumbathon on Saturday. I might toss out a day on the schedule or I might have a late gym night on Tuesday. We'll see how I can make it work.