Christian Travelers Guide

1/2 Marathon Training: Week 1 Recap

Tuesday:
Scheduled: Easy Run - 2 mi. @ 14:45
Completed: 3.24 mi @ 17:34/mi.
Went w/ Michelle and we ended up walking the majority of it, but we also went above and beyond and topped off our workout at 3.24 miles.

Thursday:
Scheduled: Tempo Run - 5 mi - Warm; 3 mi. @ 13:08; Cool
Completed: 5.38 mi @ 12:04/mi.
Felt pretty good on this run, but I was miserable trying to stretch out 5 miles in my neighborhood. Was trying to avoid hills, but around here, it's impossible. Hip flexor started buggering a lot, especially on my walk back home.

Saturday:
Scheduled: Long Run - 6 mi. @ 14:45 pace
Completed: 6.12 mi @ 13:53/mi.
I didn't want to run in the least bit. I planned on running a 1/3 mi. flat loop at a local park, but my calf was killing me 1/2 mile in, to the point where my toes on my left foot were numb. Walked almost 4 miles and was miserable the entire time, lol. Lesson learned: hit the rail trail for long runs so I can go out halfway and have to run the rest back.

Scheduled mileage: 13
Completed mileage: 14.74

Not a bad week. I really need to get nutrition under control, especially the night and morning before a long run. Here's to week 2!