Christian Travelers Guide

I'm doing it!

It has been raining a lot here in Southern California (well, a lot for us, anyway)! So I thought I'd share a picture of my new bubble gum pink rain boots that I got this weekend:

Yep, it's the little things in life that make us happy, right? I mean, cheerful pink rain boots when it's gloomy and pouring outside! Who wouldn't want them? :)

The other thing that I am SO excited about is getting back to my "normal" life after this week. But a lot has to happen over the next few days first...

For the past few weeks, other than family responsibilities and obligations, I have been studying and practicing for the CA bar exam that takes place this week Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.

It has taken a lot of effort and personal growth to do what I have been doing for the past few weeks and to keep focus. I am proud of what I have accomplished, specifically with regards to studying and this test. In the past, I have given up and hardly studied. Also in the past, I have only attended 1 day of the exam and decided not to go back and finish. So, for me to stick to the books and then to take and complete the exam this week will be huge. I will not give up this time.

The personal sacrifice was also challenging. I have spent minimal time with my family, virtually no time running, and pretty much no social life. There are a lot of physical consequences due to the exam training that I have been doing. But I don't want to focus on the negative, just looking forward to this week and the adventures that await me over the next 5 days.

I saw a Nike shirt last night that pretty much sums up how I feel about this exam. It says:

I'm doing it!

I love that. So I bought it. And I will wear it to day 2 of the exam :)

Have a great week!