Christian Travelers Guide

Money and cupcakes

Last night, P and I went out for sushi after I ruined his dinner plans. While we were sitting there, I was thinking about how much money I spend on going out to eat. Last night wasn't so bad, but still.. I spend $50 on good, healthy groceries a week, then go out at least twice a week for something awful for me.

I sat down today to add all of my going out trips together, and in the past month, I've gone out 12 times and have spent over $150. WTF, Heather? My goal for this week? No dining out, no sodas from the vending machine, no Dunkin Donuts trips on the way to school.
I did discover a happy little treat yesterday at the grocery store. Tastycake has a line of treats called "Sensables" that are sugar free, low carb, and high in fiber. I have to buy something chocolatey every week at the store, usually a tray of miniature Peppermint Patties that I keep in the freezer and limit myself to one after dinner. This week, I discovered these fabulous little Sensables and got a box of the cream-filled chocolate cupcakes. If I can just limit myself to one instead of both in the package, they'll be a great little treat for after dinner!

I'll never be the type of person who can go cold turkey from treats. Instead, I'm the type of person who plans that beer or that cupcake into my meal plan so I feel less guilty, lol. But honestly, I believe it was Jillian Michaels who said that you should leave 150 calories a day for whatever you want. So true. I'd go crazy without a little snack here and there.

At any rate, today is my last day of laying on my butt. My cold is making my head feel like it's 10 times its normal size and I just feel blah. Plus, I get all freaked out when I'm phlegmy because I'm afraid I'm going to choke. (Who knew I was so neurotic?)

Here's to laying out this week's plan and sticking to it, folks!