Christian Travelers Guide

Kryptonite

Last night, I was headed home and stopped at McDonalds to get a drink. I didn't have any cash on me, so I got a diet Coke and a bottle of water, but still felt like I should at least get something else so I wasn't using my debit card for $2 worth of stuff. So, I order a french fry off of the dollar menu.

I pulled away, asking myself, "Why was that necessary?"

I know I've been carrying on about how if I want french fries, I'll have french fries, but seriously, I had just left some friends' house where we had had dinner not too long before I left, followed by vanilla ice cream with some mashed up peanut butter cups on top. I definitely wasn't hungry, and I definitely didn't need to add McDonalds' french fries on top of that. I just found a good excuse to buy them and I was going to use this excuse to my advantage.

"But you paid for them!" the little devil on my shoulder was screaming.

So, I ate a few. Then I ate two more. Then I ate three more. I started to get mad at myself. Yet again, another excuse, another reason. Ordering them was an excuse. Eating them was an excuse. As I drove down route 30 cursing myself for buying the french fries, I decided to do what any sane person would do...

I threw them out the window. :)