Christian Travelers Guide

Mini review of the gym

This week I have been in the gym more than in the 6 months before that. I'm not joking. In case I haven't mentioned it, I hate the gym. And I belong to a nice one!

But the concept of running or cycling in place for more than 10 minutes is a nightmare for me.

And don't get me started on the sweaty guys at the free weights that hog the benches while over-lifting and trying to pick up on girls.

It's all hell.

But I needed to change up my cardio this month so I have opted for the group exercise classes. You know - the ones where you have people shoving into you to crowd into a room and then you sweat for an hour with people in your personal space. The good news is that I get a full hour of cardio in this way, and I'm not trying to strangle myself like I would be doing on the stairmaster :)

Tommorrow is another group exercise - my first time at BodyPump. And the gym will continue to be one of my health goals for the entire month. I hope I learn to like it!

The other unpleasant thing I had going on this week is the garage clean out and re-do. Well, after 3 trips to Home Depo, OSH, and The Container Store, we have our plan in place. And the best part is, the project itself will be postponed until later this month. Yay!

Here is what I did after work yesterday:

Change to a Smurfette? No. And for those of you who don't recognize the procedure, I'm getting more blond put into my hair.

See the not-so-glamourous things we girls go through for beauty?

I'm a natural red-head (well, auburn) and so the final result is gold hair. Apparently Andre (my hairdresser) wanted to make me into Marilyn Monroe. I was shocked initially, but I like the end result.