Christian Travelers Guide

corn mazes and being thankful

Can you see us there in the corn? This week we visitied a farm and got some great fall produce and decorative squashes (is "squashes" a word or do you say "squash" when plural?)

Anyway, there was this terrific corn maze on the farm. And the corn was taller than me. I'm almost 6 feet tall so I am not use to things being taller than me :) We actually got lost! It was hilarious. But we had a blast.

Here is another picture of me in the corn maze. This is my little niece, and I am her favorite auntie (even if you can't tell it by her face!):

With regards to my health goals this week, I have put together a training plan. Sort of. I think I am going to decrease my mileage for the next few weeks so that I have time to incorporate more strength training. It feels weird to do that but if I stay training for a half marathon, and not a full marathon, I think I can decrease my mileage but still be prepared.

Any suggestions regarding decreasing mileage to make time for strength training?

I've been sick for almost 3 weeks now so i have not been running at all. I went out once and my head hurt so bad after the run that I decided to wait until I am better. I hate that I have gotten out of the habit. Next week, back to training for sure!

For my mom goals, we starteed making cards for others this week. Today I will have my little guy start the "grateful list." Every year at this time we do a list of things we are grateful for. I consider this list very important for him to make. Grateful list before the Santa list!! It helps keep things in perspective, if you know what I mean :)

And speaking of being grateful, I would like to thank all of those who have served our country to make this a better place for all of us. Thank you!!

Here is another picture of us at the fall pumpkin side of the farm this week:

Today we are off to Disneyland and celebrating Grandpa's birthday. Have a great Thursday!