Christian Travelers Guide

Temptation

I'm having a problem with temptation and laziness.

Yesterday, I did really well food-wise, but I woke up at 5:30, couldn't go back to sleep, then fell back asleep until 10:30. I did nothing. Walked Lu, but that's it.

Today, I had a 100-calorie pack of Goldfish crackers before the grocery store. I got lots of healthy stuff at the grocery store. No snacks. The only stuff I bought from the inner aisles was canned beans to make chili this week and a box of graola bars. HOWEVER.. at the check-out, the sweet old lady asked if I wanted to buy a whoopie pie, and far be it for me to turn down a whoopie pie. So, I bought one. Then, I stopped at McDonald's for an Egg McMuffin and ended up with the meal.

I only ate a bite of the whoopie pie and then I threw the rest out. But my breakfast, with OJ, ran me 600 calories, which isn't the end of the world.. but it's eye-opening.

I did find a really great sandwich/flatbread to make for lunch though! Parke and I went to Isaac's yesterday for dinner. I ended up with a Larkspur - it's muenter and cheddar cheese on a flatbread with spinach, sprouts, and tomato. It was delish. I bought stuff to make it at the store today.

I've already done my own Zumba routine today, so I need to do that once more this afternoon to get ready for my audition tomorrow. I'm not beating myself up over food today, even with the McDonald's. Tomorrow is another day. :)