Christian Travelers Guide

Welcome!

I have had a ton of people asking me about how I'm losing weight, what I think about Zumba, and how I've been training for the Megatransect. Because of this, I thought I'd start a blog to keep everyone updated on what I'm doing and how I'm doing.

For those of you new around these parts, let me introduce myself. I'm a 26-year-old middle school English teacher. I relocated to the southern part of PA last year and found that it was exactly where I needed to be.

I was home in October to support my parents in the Megatransect. As I was pulling in to the parking lot to pick them up, I saw a guy with a prosthetic leg crossing the finish line. I was so mad at myself that I made every excuse NOT to do it when I had every reason TO do it, and here was this man, with every reason not to, crossing the finish line. I went home that night and signed up for a gym membership. I started taking a Zumba class near the end of 2009 with a friend of mine from college, which then turned into Zumba classes at my middle school at the beginning of 2010.

Somewhere along the way, I thought it might be a good idea to start running. I ran my first mile (EVER.. in 25 years!) in February and the fitness bug caught me. I met up with my mentor that night and she said, "Well, you'll have to start running 5Ks with me now," and I laughed in her face. That week, I organized a team to run the Race Against Racism in York and started training with the Couch to 5K program. I ended up finishing the Race Against Racism in 37 minutes. :)

Basically, I started my life here in York at over 220 pounds. This morning, I stepped on the scale and came in at 178. I've lost nearly 50 pounds by becoming active and dropping junk from my diet (for the most part - I do indulge in a meal from McDonalds and Burger King.. I'm not perfect :P).

Hopefully this blog can be an inspiration to those who come across it. I'm not an expert, I never will be, but I've done pretty well on my own and would love to help others who are starting this journey on their own as well.

<3