Christian Travelers Guide

garage sailing, bakery breakfast and first day of spring

Did a switch just go off when Tasmania realised it was the first day of Spring?! It's actually really warm today. There lawnmowers running, dogs barking and bees flying about. Flowers even seem to have popped out of the ground overnight.

This morning we popped down to the bakery for bread and milk, as well as some breakfast treats. We figured on a day like today, you can totally get away with savory pies, coffee and choc caramel hedgehog slice!

On the walk home we spotted a sign for a garage sale happening down the road, so naturally we had to check it out. Unfortunately they had already been picked over but there were still some nice things, like these tins. I'm trying to think of what to use them for - perhaps the flower one will be good for my watercolour pencils, as I don't use them very often at all but it seems a shame to keep them in a draw.

These tins are a bit namby-pamby for me, as in, a bit too... gentle? I love more 60s/70s bright geometric patterns and florals than puppies. So if anyone is dying to own these, feel free to pop me an email and we can work something out! (Happy to let them go for $12 + postage.)

Other exciting news today is the fact that Kaylah from The Dainty Squid featured my collages on her blog this morning! Day made.

Anywho, best be off, I've got the biggest list of Pannikin related things I need to do, most of them a bit boring yet still interesting and better than cleaning the house, if you know what I mean!