Christian Travelers Guide

small projects

Playing with hama beads. Odd rainbows are a favourite. Talented and super excellent Leah asked for one and I was most happy to oblige (2nd photo).

Been making some things just for fun / for myself / for friends lately. Speaking of friends, I do miss my Brisbane pals! Today I am making Christmas presents for them.

I have some exciting news: I am studying visual art next year at university! I am itching to play with new materials. Ceramics, textiles (weaving, yes!), print making and of course metal smithing if I can. I am glad I waited until now to study as opposed to applying straight out of high school.

Below are some inspiring makers that are giving me hope for learning new things and experimenting and making me feel that it is ok to collect a variety of things just because I am attracted to them and am without a clue as to what I want to use it for but it might come in handy some day.

Melissa Tolar

Mickey Wolters

Blandine Bardeau