Christian Travelers Guide

pigs in blankets

I have to say, I had a pretty good chuckle to myself when I came up with this title. Our guinea pigs are silly little sausages after all! Some days I really just cannot bear the routine of waking up, making tea and heading to the computer for work... at 7am. (Usually 6am but daylight savings exists down here! Hello sun at 8pm!) Instead, I brought these rascals inside for a good little run around before we head to Melbourne, which I am super duper excited for!

For the Finders Keepers market (on this Friday & Saturday in Melbourne town) I've tried to bring along a little bit of everything, but if you swing by and I've run out of something, never fear! I will have more back home and you can order online. Easy!

I also realised I am low on my collage prints this time around, for which I must admit I am not particularly fond of. I would much rather own an original collage or piece of art over a printed copy, wouldn't you? After all, the texture is what makes a collage so good! So in saying that, I will also have a few original collages with me available for purchase, some of which were made today. Yippee!

I've had some real nice people give me some Melbourne hints, tips and must-visits (thank you!!!) so I am now eagerly awaiting the overwhelming amount of things to see and do. Over the next four days I plan to:

^ Eat sushi! (There is only one sushi place here that I know of and it's not legit)
^ Have a real nice cider in the hotel bed after market day #1
^ Visit Wunderkammer - I hear there is vintage science-y nature-y stuff, which is right up our alley!
^ Check out some local markets on Sunday and see what their version of Suitcase Rummage is like (oh how I miss it!)
^ Say hi to all the wonderful shopkeepers and designers I am internet friends with! :-)
^ Generally just wander around, take photos and explore different shops and things (too bad there's not a whole lot of nature in the city, but I'm sure I'll photograph at least ONE animal.
^ Pinch some roadside flowers on the way to the market for my stall. Hey, it's gotta look pretty!
^ This is going to sound lame, but I also really want a blue slurpee. I even dreamed about it last week. There are no 7-11's here, which is nice but I kinda need sweet frozen colours!

Anywho, I'd love more suggestions, so feel free to leave some in the comments! They are totally appreciated. And if you are coming to FK, be sure to come say hello and introduce yourself!