Christian Travelers Guide

August in a nutshell

The past month in 16 photos: (from left to right. click to enlarge!)

1. I 'adopted' Checkers the door snake from the city opshop.

2. Made a few collages. I also purchased more stickers online which I hope will arrive quickly!

3. Played with my kaleidoscope on a grey cloudy morning. My favourite photos are the ones of our crochet blanket.

4. Read the latest Frankie and drooled over these pretty trims, which made me miss going on craft excursions with my best friend Sabrina.

5. Found part of a skull in the bush, but still haven't identified it... or washed it. It's sitting in our curio display case.

6. We found sweater heaven at a charity fundraiser - this one is cashmere and only cost $1. I don't mind that it has pilling - I think it makes it better. New clothes make me feel a bit weird.

7. Some creepy sheep we found when we 'investigated' an abandoned warehouse block. They were grazing and as we walked towards them they lifted their heads up one by one in a row and stared at us.

8. I had a market stall at Niche, which was held in the converted tramsheds.

9. The mister found this flowery pourer at a thrift store. We will be giving it a new home soon here.

10. The wall above my desk.

11. I baked a lot last month. Some recipes were failures and some were most delicious. I'm looking forward to pancakes again soon!

12. The bits and bobs that came with my brown sewing machine. I need a day to sit down and really get to know the machine and how it works. I have a few projects up my sleeve!

13. One of the best opshop hauls I have had in a long time.

14. Pip's paws (she is a guinea pig, and it seems that she won't ever grow any bigger!)

15. It doesn't look very big in the photo, but this strawberry was huge! Eating strawberries makes me feel rich.

16. Break time. Earl grey and buttersnap cookies. Sometimes I think buying the family pack assorted is dangerous - you eat twice as much! But then you at least have some good plain cookies to mush into icecream!