Christian Travelers Guide

Review: Innocent Kids' Juicy Drinks

We love Innocent stuff. All fresh produce, nothing extra and always delicious. Even my fusspot eater loves Innocent Smoothies. For a fair while there they were the only way I could get any fruit into him. So when Innocent get in touch and ask if they can send you a treat to try through the post, of course I’m going to say yes, please.

Sure enough the treat turned up. All packaged up in a lovely lunchbox (now housing any number of Lego Star Wars figures, but I digress) came some smoothies, some fruit tubes and some of their new juice cartons for kids. Innocent have clocked that a lot of parents prefer to dilute the juice that their kids drink, which is easy to do when they are at home, but not easy to do in a packed lunch box.

Did the boys like them? They certainly did. The cartons were requested for their packed lunches the following day, and they protested when there were none left.

Did I like them? I certainly liked the taste, you can always tell the difference between fresh juice and juice made from concentrate. I liked that my boys liked them. My only sticking point would be the price. At £2.99 for 5, it places them into the treat bracket for me. But a treat to be looked forward to.

And whilst I’m whinging, a little note for Innocent. Whilst a beautiful wooden yo-yo might seem like the ideal toy to pop into their lunchboxes, in this household yo-yos are seen as weapons of mass destruction. It’s been confiscated now...