Christian Travelers Guide

BIA student exhibition

I've had such a great time learning different jewellery making techniques at the BIA these past few weeks. I've played with plastics (records, billiard balls, acrylic sheets) and metals (copper, brass, sterling silver) as well as wood (paddlepop sticks!) I've learned how to anneal, solder, rivet, saw, drill, file, sand, polish, engrave and more, all while breaking a few saw blades along the way.

I honestly can not wait to set up a proper work table/studio after I move down south, however I do imagine it will take a while to purchase absolutely everything I'd love to own. Starting small sounds is super fine by me though!

Above is a photo of the last piece I made in my spare time during my silver-smithing class. The earrings are hammered copper, brass and sterling silver. They will be for sale (along with other pieces I have made during the course) at the end of semester exhibition on Friday 22nd June. It would be great if you could come check it out, there will be work from all the students (I am particularly keen to see the work of the ceramic students, as I hope to learn that too in the next year or so.) I do believe there is an entry fee of $5, but don't let that put you off... apparently there will be food platters to make up for it! Yay!