Christian Travelers Guide

The Gallery: Self Portrait

This week's Gallery's theme was inspired by Laura from Are We Nearly There Yet Mummy. Laura's mother died when she was 9 and she recently wrote about how she treasures the photos that she has of her mother. Now, must of us Mummys tend to be the one behind the camera, the ones taking the photos, documenting the family life. It is seldom that we are in front of the camera. Tara points out that we should be, for our children more than anything else and hence the theme.

I've cheated a bit, for these photos are not actually self portraits. Dave took them back in 2003, pre children, pre marriage when we were still getting to know each other. I'd got the giggles at something wildly inappropriate. And I couldn't stop. Dave got the camera out and the more photos he took the worse I got.

I love these photos. They will always remind me of such a happy, fun time.